BlackTop uses your device's location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable ride whenever you need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, customer support, and more.
If you're using an iOS device, you have 3 location settings to choose from:
- Always: We may collect location information from the time you open the BlackTop app and start a route until your route ends or is completed. This includes when your app is in the background.
- While Using the App: We may collect location information when the app is visible on screen. If we provide a feature in the future that needs your location in the background, we will ask for your permission. You'll get a notice on your screen if location is ever being collected in the background while you are in the "While Using" setting.
- Never: Selecting "Never" disables location services for the app.
You can manage location settings on your device. To do this:
- Open your device's Settings
- Tap "Privacy," then "Location Services"
- Select "BlackTop"
- Select "Always," "While Using the App," or "Never"
Note: The BlackTop app is designed to work with the Always location setting. Changing your location settings to anything other than Always will prevent anyone from seeing your location and does not help the people who are awaiting your timely arrival.
We treat your location information consistently with our User Privacy Statement.